Thursday 4 September 2014

30 Day Challenge - Day 8

Thursday 4th September 2014
07:47am

Day 8:
What age you were diagnosed at?  At what age do you think your symptoms began? (You can make a timeline)

At 14 I was diagnosed with anorexia Nervosa, looking back I'd been struggling about a year before I was diagnosed, it was noticed by school first on a school trip to Belgium.  OCD was also brought into the mix a few months later.

At 16 I was diagnosed with clinical depression, again looking at that I had been depressed longer, since before my problems with anorexia started but I was also self harming which went unnoticed for a long time.

At 20 I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder.  Now I accept my diagnosis when I've looked back through my childhood I've been showing signs, which for me is actually really scary knowing that from a young age parts of my illness were already developing.

Rach x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message ...