Tuesday 16 September 2014

30 Day Challenge - Day 20

Tuesday 16th September 2014
04:41pm

Day 20
Where do you get your support?

I'm involved with my local mental health team, but recently have had a change of psychiatrist, which if I'm honest I'm actually nervous about meeting them next week.  I am currently on the waiting list for therapy (1 year 1 month and 7 days) not that I'm counting or anything!

I also have support off my family, which I've been able to appreciate more since I moved out, but as parents can they can still annoy me!  My brother has become a great support for me to as he's got older and started to understand things a lot more about my conditions.

My friends who are again another fab support, I always want to write a list but I always panic that I'll miss someone out and I don't want to offend anyone!! I've met a lot of people through services and a few have them have become an important part of my life.

On a stranger note my cats are so important to me! I think having that extra responsibility makes me want to carry on, especially on a bad day when I want to end it all I do worry what will happen to them! (Crazy Cat lady!)  My dad takes the mic as when I did a radio interview I didn't mention anyone else but the cats (whoops)

Support comes in all shapes and sizes.  It doesn't have to be something/someone physical.  Memories are so important to, how you coped last time you were in this position, yes it can be hard to go back and think but if I can I do try.

Support can be a hug, photo, memory, person, animal, book, therapy, friends, family .... I could go on, what I find support in, you the person reading this may find support through something else.

10 Days left to go and I think secretly I'm starting to enjoy this challenge.  

Rachael x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message ...