Sunday 20 February 2011

conference ...

Sunday 20th February 2011
2:49pm

The conference on Friday was brilliant, I couldn't believe all the people which had actually come to attend it. With eating disorders being on the rise and breaking into people's lives it's important that the public are aware of what is going on and how they can help.

13 years yesterday by grandad died, although I was only 6 at the time ~ I thought about him so much on the Friday and also my great gran,who's anniversary is next Saturday. My nan commented that they would be so proud of me actually standing there and telling people that my recovery has started and I'm determined to carry on with all the help I have around me!

I spoke to the deligates about my recovery, the people who have made a difference in my life in the past few months especially, these are the months which I've really tried to actually keep on fighting and much stronger too! I obviously spoke about my parents but a few other special people were also mentioned - Naomi, Tom, Jayne and Beany. So many people have done bits to keep me on the road to recovery, but I've been thinking recently - at Warrington Disability Partnership we are doing Going the Extra Mile to help raise funds for Disability Awareness Day, every person who has supported my recovery have done that without actually realising. It's important that going the extra mile doesn't have to be actually doing a mile, but this could also be helping someone more than you would even really think of doing. I've put it across to the younger children it's like helping someone cross the road but the extra mile may be carrying their bags for them as well.

Each of the people who I think of lots and will thank for ever have done this, they're helping along cross the road of anorexia to the road of full recovery, helping me carry all my baggage a long the way. So really they alone could have helped raise the funds for D A D!

Well for now I'm off, this week has been lovely and I'm glad Tom has come home as its completed the week off and I actually slept last night all the way through, so I think Tom been home helped that as things seemed normal =]

Rach
x x x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message ...