Wednesday 20 October 2010

talk for wdp =] .....

wednesday 20th october 2010
07:54am

On monday, it was my first school talk as part of my young ambassador role. to be perfectly honest i was really nervous, i didn't know what to expect or how the students would take to me - thankfully everything was okay =p

so at about half 8 me and chris rolled up at wade deacon, chris was there to support me and didn't actually have the task of having to speak to the students - just look pretty in the corner =p The laptop was fixed up and my first presentation started at about 9am!!! ....

as the students and teachers walked through the door, i knew one of them from when she used to teach me at Sankey when I was 12 for history!! Miss Cross =p although Miss Cross is now married which i was like how sweet!! i knew things would be okay then - you see miss cross was one of the teachers who went on the battlefields trip with school when i was in yr 10, when my anorexia was starting to take a tighter hold of me and had the opportunity to grab me while i was away from home and basically expected to make sure i ate when i could - but sadly not. She kept her form behind to speak to me and explained to them what it was like to watch it happening, they didn't have a clue really but knew something was wrong - my ability to lie grew and i became so much more confident in it as they always seemed to work!! it was actually a good sign that she was there at my first talk. it also helped that my aunty also works there and so managed to get a few hugs in off her too =]

the second talk again went well, i managed to actually get the this morning interview up which kept them quiet for a bit and then was able to go into the presentation - my confidence had grew more so i was getting to the point where i was picking on people to answer as they seemed to be quiet and really reserved about putting hands up etc - which is understandable for a yr 10 group of students.

so my talks went well and i loved doing it - the fact i could do something on my own was really good =] i had the independence to do things my way and just be able to talk =]

the monday afternoon, i found out that my pre recorded interview was going out and an article would be placed on their website plus a video, cringe!!! I later found out that several station across the UK were actually playing the piece so i just hope to god my accent could be understood =p

again college has once again been playing on my mind =[ i dont have the feelings of wanting to be there at all any more, it has been noted and staff do know, i just see it as i'm 20 next yr and i'm STILL a student at sankey, i want to move on - do the things i want to do, help with the YA scheme, get more people involved with the involvement scheme at the 5BP but it all takes time, maybe i'm expecting to much from myself, i'm not trying to save the world i'm no superman but the thought of being able to give it a go and help even a small group of individuals is what keeps me going and keeping me to achieve my ambitions =]

x x x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message ...