Saturday 2 April 2011

fly by ...

Saturday 2nd April 2011
09:44am

I can't believe it's April already! This year is already going so quickly and so much has happened! Already at Warrington Disability Partnership are getting ready for Disability Awareness Day, my first actual main run up! Last year I joined as the hard work to arrange it had been done but the work to ensure the day went great was still there!!

So March went past quickly! I managed to pass my theory test and this means I'm only a step away from actually driving (the practical can't be that bad ... I wish!) I also managed to get my medication reduced - thankfully! They were meant to be reduced at the end of December, but then they changed there mind and preferred the more doped up Rachael! Pitty they didn't see that I was climbing up the walls with hyperactivity at times! It's scary knowing that I've had them reduced, this puts more responsibility on me to ensure that I do put my ass in gear and try so dam hard to take my recovery more seriously then what I already am.

I still have bad days, a couple I experienced in the week but I've managed to learn from them rather than react badly to them. Although the thought of Self Harm was there people who know me well knew that allowing me to go home would result to this (even without me saying anything)

Life goes past so quickly - Tom has already nearly finished his first year of university, which is really scary! Plus we've nearly been together a year - another brill reason to look forward to DAD week since it's the week which we were introduced to each other and that was it!!

Tomorrow I will find myself at the Warrington Wolves match collecting for DAD due to the funding cuts. It will be a good afternoon out - of course Ollie the Owl will be there to keep an eye on us all. A lot of the WDP team will be there with our buckets so make sure you bring lots of notes with you - never mind the pennies!!! lol

Next Friday Warrington Disability Partnership will be at Morrison's in Latchford doing another bucket collection :) I can't wait till the actually week already the lead up to the week is rather exciting.

So another month of excitement is in order ... looking forward to it! :)

Rach
x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message ...