Monday 9 May 2011

May already!?

Monday 9th May 2011
6:35pm

I can't believe it's May already. 5 months in to 2011 is actually really scary!
I've been out of the ED service now for 4 months which already is my longest time out :) and have managed to maintain a healthy weight!

I've waited a long time to be able to go to the gym and the end of last month I was able to actually join! Tom is my "instructor" shall I put it! Which is what I need! I want to be able to do Cardio but also be able to use the weights and actually do things properly.

At the end of last month I was able to get my car, for when I pass my test, which I'm hoping will be soon, took me a while to accept that a manual really wasn't the best idea for me to be driving, so my lessons in an automatic started and already I can feel a difference! 6 two hours lessons have built me up and what driving skills I already head to be able to help me be put in for test!

WDP had their first Young People's Forum. It's been spoken about for a long time apparently and after being to Warrington Disability Forum I realised more how important it was to get young people's voices heard from the people them selves. Meeting the young people was lovely and they all have an enthusiasm to raise awareness on what they know and also learn about other people.

Today I had a meeting in Work with the transition nurse based a CAMHS which went really well and will hopefully lead to more positive work in the future with the team. My experiences are there to be learnt from, and I never want to see a young person have that experience, it was horrible and at times rather traumatic.

St Gregg's asked me to do a talk around the Stamp out Stigma campaign and my involvement with WDP, they couldn't seem to believe how much I've thrown myself into work and raising awareness despite how professionals viewed me at times.

People are so quick to judge of decisions which people make in life, whether it's through protection or the hope that each person has the same views on everything. My journey at times has made me very needy however when you're on a unit you learn how to project yourself and mother other people. I'm may at times seem much younger than I am but I have experienced a lot of things which some adults or people my age have never seen or ever want to see. This is my life and I'm determined to start living for me and not wanting to impress other people all the time.

Got a great few weeks a head and can't wait to live for me :)

Rach
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message ...