Saturday 22 October 2011

Flicking through facebook photos

Saturday 22nd October 2011
8:15pm

It's crazy how much photos tell me about where I was at a particular point in my life. I can tell what time of year it is without having to look at a date. Why? My weight says it all.

Photos started popping up on facebook of photos which I've not viewed in a while. I think I do shock myself at how badly my weight fluctuates - even within a few weeks. It's something which yes I am aware of but it scares the hell out of me when I see myself only a few weeks ago looking gaunt. The thing is now is that I notice it so much more when the previous years I would have just thought I looked fat on all of them and never seeing the gaunt side of myself.

I love the fact that now I notice when I'm having a bad time and I seek the help which I know I really need.

On Thursday we had the North West Positive Action Awards 2011, which recognises the hard which which people but in the help disabled people. The awards are really inspiring and just show how much times are changing. My bestest friend ever :p sang as always truly beautifully and again leaving me in tears. Naomi is truly inspirational stuck by me through thick and thin (pun not intended) I really don't think I would be so positive about myself or the people who I have around me.

I've had a series of interviews over the past few months and yesterday I actually managed to get another part time job :) I still find myself with the comfort of WDP and love the fact that opportunities are being opened and I'm showing myself that I can believe in myself and I can achieve things in life.

I have to accept that maybe I will be different from everyone else, but that makes people interesting right? My mental health will always be a major part of my life, being classed as in recovery doesn't make much difference, I could be in recovery for the rest of my life and I really wish people would realise this. Life is a battle, but it's one which I'm fighting for one and enjoy what I have a head of me!

Rach
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message ...